The New Heights annual workshop is STC Alberta’s premier educational event. This year it will be held on Friday, October 23rd at Innovate Calgary. Our presenter this year is Geoff Hart, an STC member from Montreal. In addition to Friday’s event, Geoff will also host a Thursday evening (Oct. 22) presentation on efficiency. The Friday (Oct. 23) workshop will be on information design. Geoff has given many presentations, including at STC’s Summit and WritersUA. At the 2005 STC conference, Geoff was rated in the top 5% of speakers. He became a STC Fellow in 2006. Geoff prefers interacting with students in person, rather than online, which will ensure a great New Heights workshop!
The workshop begins at 8:30 a.m. and will finish by 4:30 p.m. It includes breakfast (which starts at 8:00), lunch, and snacks at the breaks. Early-bird registration is now open. Members can register now for $275 and save $50 (non-members $400).
The WOW factor: If you register during the early-bird period, you will be entered to win the MadPak Suite, valued at about Cdn$2800, which was generously donated to us by our sponsor, MadCap Software!
What is in it for you or your employer if you attend this workshop?
- This professional development opportunity has a very reasonable cost, especially compared to similar workshops, which are often out of town. In other words, you get the most for each training dollar.
- The workshop is only a business day, therefore you only need one day off work and no travelling days are required.
- You can manage your work with more professionalism and confidence while you continue to develop your technical communication skills.
- This workshop will help you produce documents that people really want to read and use.
- The workshop displays your commitment to continued learning in the field of technical communication.
Remember, as a professional development opportunity, this workshop is also tax deductible if you are self-employed!